PoonSlayerツ

Wiki Application

Question 1) What is your In-game Username? Poonslayer

Question 2) What is your Discord Username/ID(example:Peripheral#5348)? Mike_Pks#5619

Question 2.5) What position are you applying for? Peripheral's Job. ツ

Question 3) What is your age? 25

Question 4) Have you ever been blocked from the wiki, or received any other infraction relating to DreamScape? Never

Question 5) What languages do you speak? English

Question 6) Write a brief introduction about yourself.

I am an experienced player within the Dreamscape community. I've been playing since 2016 but took a hiatus in 2018. I just recently came back in August. I'm am currently in school for Computer Hardware Engineering. I work on personal businesses online in my free time while I am not at "work."  I strictly  play Dreamscape on pc and a few other games on console.

Question 7) How many hours in a week do you think you can be available editing the wiki? I spend most of the day on Ds.  I can put in as much time needed to make/maintain current accurate information.

Question 😎What do you think are wiki editor responsibilities? Name at least three.

Accuracy

Efficiency

Dedication

Reliability 

Question 9) If you were accepted as a Wiki Editor, do you think you would have more "power" than any other player or donator? Explain why.

No, it is volunteer work. We don't get any more benefits then any other player. 

light-blue.png

Scenario 1 - Are there any mistakes in this picture? If so, tell us why and what you would do to improve it.

Scenario-1.png

Crystal helm is a magic item

Crystal helm is not dropped by Sea Troll Queen

I would add that it can be obtained by killing Raiden, Trinity, King Kong vs Godzilla, and the Warfare Box.

There shouldn't be a . after It

Scenario 2 - You are shown an example of what a Hyperlink is, and how to use it. Your Manager asks you to fix this page so that it correctly links to the Sea Troll Queen page. Which picture is more correct? A) or B) or C)? And why?

Source Mode: (The way the page looks when you are editing)

Scenario-2-source.png

Preview Mode: (What the page would look like upon publishing)

Scenario-2-example.png

Published: (The page has been created)

Scenario-2-abc.png

B) is the correct answer because it has the most up to date information in regards to today's Dreamscape.

Scenario 3 - You have to leave the Wiki temporarily for a few days/weeks. Who are you going to tell and where are you going to post it?

I would communicate my time away with the Wiki Manager, with a reason why and when I will be returning. 

I would let them know well ahead of when I am leaving.

Scenario 4 - You are creating a page but you know you need to get off to get some sleep. So you save that page knowing it is not finished or that it has a bunch of mistakes. Is there anything you would do before you went to sleep? I'd have information on the page that the page is in progress and that it does not contain accurate information. Also, if available id hide that page to the public until it is finished.

Scenario 5 - If someone in-game asked YOU, (who is now a Wiki Editor) a question that you didn't know and began calling you names like, "You should know this, you're a wiki editor", or "You're not a helper, keep quiet" or "Do your job already, the wiki isn't being updated", how would you respond?

I would take their criticism as an opportunity to reflect on what I can personally improve on.  I would also let them know that having a "helper" role does not limit who is allowed to help players within the community. 

Scenario 6 - You see another wiki editor vandalizing the wiki. There are many things you can do. Name at least three.

Report this activity immediately

Notify the wiki Manager

Assist on fixing the compromised pages

Scenario 7 - One day a wiki editor that you've known for awhile asks you that they need your password in-game to borrow an item for the wiki. Choose the letters that you would do?

A) Give that Wiki Editor your password. Because why wouldn't you? They're your friend after all.
B) Ask them why? Then give them your password because they seem trustworthy.
C) Report them privately.  <--
D) Don't report them, but say no.
E) Provide them alternative ways to get that item. <--