Sign in to follow this  
PlagueDoc

Progression zones

What is the content called  Beginner zone/Donator zones (1 zone per dono rank)
How does it work? For beginners, a lot of the time they ask "What do I do" Or "what should I kill" so this can answer their question and give them an opportunity to grind for a good mid-tier weapon.
What rewards does it give? It would give 1 type of weapon, but at different killcounts. "Korasi, Scythe, etc." But their would be a tier list so the first lets say korasi would be a 1/200 kc for a red korasi. Once you get the red one you can kill a new npc for a 1/300 chance to get a blue one. all the way up to a 1/1k chance for the like black and blue korasi that would be a solid mid tier weapon. (They would be untradeable)
How will it benefit server/players? It gives new players something to grind towards so they can start bossing and completing raids.
How could it be expanded in the future? For new players probably no expansion, but maybe in each zone for donators you can get the next tier up to a platinum korasi that would be a pretty decent weapon at a 1/5k droprate.
What negative effect could this have? (Think eco, Item balances, Overpowered) Would be good for eco and new players, and as long as the 1/1k weapon is not overpowered in damage, it would be totally fine. Early game items would drop in price a little bit yes but you only see brand new players using ak asiimovs and frostbite staffs. You leave the early game pretty quickly and go to mid tier with EKS and space virtus so the 1/1k would be on-par with a mid-tier gearset. Then of course it can be expanded to each dono rank so platinum members can still grind for a solid but not overpowered weapon. (plat members would have to go through every tier from early all the way up to the 1/1k-1/2k-1/3k-1/4k-1/5k so it should get pretty good near the end.)

I fully vouch for this idea however...

I would do this more towards mid game, there is a huge gap between EKS and inf gaunt charged and AK47 asiimov and BFG9000s, this would help players get into end game or mid game