Sign in to follow this  
christmass3

Revamp eco

What's the current issue? The issue is players not being able to sell items through market when they are flooded into the game via donations/boxes
What's your suggested way of fixing it? I suggest that we implement either and alchemy value to higher tier items such as space virus dream pieces bfgs infinity gaunts ect just about 10-20% under fair market value 
How will this benefit player/server? Kids won just hop on the server and crash the eco on like 10 different items for everyone else by donating 300$ to the store and people will have an easier access to gain cash on the server 
How could this be expanded in future?

could stabilize the economy more people will be less toxic towards other players about pricing it will give new ways of making money to newer players causing them to play for more than a day fp their bank and quit
What negative effect could this have? (Think eco, Item balances, Overpowered)

only thing I could think of is people buying items for under alchemy value or items becoming harder to get which would be a good thing considering I have like 12 space virt sets in my bank I can’t get rid of because no one has money to buy it this would even out the field of items/cash flow in the game making it a better experience overall for everyone 

I vouch for this. I do think something needs to be done with the economy. I have my own reasons that differ slightly from this suggestion so I wont go deeply into it. BUT!

@christmass3brings up a good point and is extremely valid.

VOUCH

I vouch for this, to many ppl got to many items thats impossible to sell, with this there wouldnt be as much undercutting in pos either, items would have a more fixed price then the +-20% there is now

+ when pos take 5% we get even less cash in the game, it proberly removes 1b cash a day.

I think its time for some cash to be added, so I fully support this idea!

I have a bank full of utterly useless items that are worth maybe 1 DS coin that I don't have the effort to go sell.

I have no idea how difficult this would to do, having never developed on a RSPS before, but how about having an option to receive just DS coin value rather than an item, even if it's a reduced amount. That way new players can get the items still, but people that don't need them will just receive cold hard coin?

I honestly think this could be handled via expanding the black market dealer to include end game items as well (selling to blk market but not allowed to buy end game items from it). This would reduce the items in game while increasing the cash flow to help move items back and forth. 

I vouch the idea that something needs to be done, but im not sure the best way to do so. 

On 3/21/2020 at 6:35 PM, Jladams said:

I honestly think this could be handled via expanding the black market dealer to include end game items as well (selling to blk market but not allowed to buy end game items from it). This would reduce the items in game while increasing the cash flow to help move items back and forth. 

I vouch the idea that something needs to be done, but im not sure the best way to do so. 

This is what I had in mind reading the topic too.