Sign in to follow this  
Cjbear

Treasure Hunter Chest...

Yes guys i know I am starting to sound annoying in the suggestion threads.. but bear with me this might be a good one!

For revamps
What's the current issue?

Currently TreasureHunter's chest for level 2-8 are nearly impossible to get unless you donate and get a package deal from a staff's deal.

99% of the time you get level 1 chest and it fills up all 4/4 slots . You will be forced to open lvl 1 chest so u can clear the slots. lets be honest, level 1 chest rewards are not attractive.. they feel like a pimped up crystal chest.
What's your suggested way of fixing it?

Introduce a way to upgrade the chest from level 1.  you can still get higher level chest from pvm drops. Increase the amount of chest you can hold to 5 or 6.

let me explain.   With the Upgrade system you can use 3 - Level 1 Chest to upgrade to 1 - Level 2 Chest. This upgrade will go on until Level 8 ( ideally what everyone wants that )

Of course You will have to pay with Treasure Hunter Gems for the upgrade, so it will balance out. 

Each Level's upgrade will be an increment of 20 gems. meaning : Level 1-2 is 20gems, level 2-3 is 40 gems, level 3-4 is 60 gems.
How will this benefit player/server?

This will introduce a very friendly F2P model for Treasure Hunter and players will be willing to pvm for it as it is a way to get end game items. As you can see it is not easy to get. But it is do-able 
How could this be expanded in future?

More Items can be added into the Treasure Hunter chest or introduce VIP levels exclusively for paying users.
What negative effect could this have? (Think eco, Item balances, Overpowered)

Personally i feel that it will help the economy out by introducing end game gears, as we all know most end game gears are untradable, so it will not affect the economy too much.

this will give F2P players a sense of " hey i can actually reach end game " 

As you can see you will need alot of level 1 chest to reach level 8, and i think thats a fair number considering how rare a treasure hunter chest drop is even for level 1.

Lets discuss!

I really like this idea, I mean with me being new I've never gotten a chest of any level, but I do hear a lot of players in-game complaining. This would be a great solution for everyone who can't/won't spend IRL money on this game constantly. 

vouch!! big +1, with the new economy change this will help things out too especially with a few end game gears being untradeable.

I've gotten more level 1's than I know what to do with thanks to revs. Always opened them because I have heard getting anything higher is almost impossible. Best loot so far is a golden AK which isn't a terrible pull albeit a little underwhelming. The merging 3 to get the next level is a great way to have pvm activity go up, as well as offering everyone a fair chance at the same end goal - the level 8. I love this idea.

Vouch, gotten too many level 1 boxes and opened them hoping for a higher level which never happens, so right now I've given up and just left my boxes 4/4 level 1s, Would be awesome to upgrade them 

level 1

level 2 = 3 level 1

level 3 = 3 level 2 = 9 level 1

level 4 = 3 level 3 = 9 level 2 = 27 level 1

level 5 = 3 level 4 = 9 level 3 = 27 level 2 = 81 level 1 

level 6 = 3 level 5 = 9 level 4 = 27 level 3 = 81 level 2 = 243 Level 1

level 7 = 3 level 6 = 9 level 5 = 27 level 4 = 81 level 3 = 243 Level 2 = 729 Level 1

level 8 = 3 level 7 = 9 level 6 = 27 level 5 = 81 level 4 = 243 Level 3 = 729 Level 2 = 2187 Level 1 

Someone can correct my math as it's not my strongest subject but I believe my thought process is sound. With the setup suggested that I do VOUCH for, it would take 2,187 level one treasure hunter crates in order to obtain a level 8 crate to obtain those end game items we all so desire. This would indeed be obtainable but, it would arguable take 6-months or longer to obtain all the gems + crates to obtain one single item. I do think the idea is much needed and viable, but I believe the transfer rate can be adjusted. Perhaps up to level 4 it takes 3 crates of the previous level, but from 4 to 5 and so on could only take 2. 

level 1

level 2 = 3 level 1

level 3 = 3 level 2 = 9 level 1

level 4 = 3 level 3 = 9 level 2 = 27 level 1

level 5 = 2 level 4 = 6 level 3 = 18 level 2 = 54 level 1 

level 6 = 2 level 5 = 4 level 4 = 12 level 3 = 36 level 2 = 108 Level 1

level 7 = 2 level 6 = 4 level 5 = 8 level 4 = 24 level 3 = 72 Level 2 = 216 Level 1

level 8 = 2 level 7 = 4 level 6 = 8 level 5 = 16 level 4 = 48 Level 3 = 144 Level 2 = 432 Level 1 

While this change may be too far in the other direction, I believe it will be something that is "actually obtainable". 

I love this idea, and feel like it is something will only heighten the QoL of Dreamscape for both end game, and early players. 

Again, if someone wants to check my math, feel free to please!