Sign in to follow this  
Cjbear

Donation Scrolls for Donation Store!

Recommended Posts

What's the current issue?

Lets create something similar to " gift  cards " for donation.

What's your suggested way of fixing it?

This " gift card " will be a new way of selling donation.

Lets take for example you a buy a $10 gift card from the donation store. This is not applicable for deals as this $10 is not spent but " stored " into the game.

after claiming the $10 gift card from the collection box. Player A can sell this gift card for his desired amount to Player B.

Once the trade has been made.

Player A gets his in game currency for his $10 gift card.

Player B can claim the gift card and his donation web store will have $10 balance.

Player B can use this $10 balance to purchase anything in the donation store or even customs if he have saved up enough balance to afford one.

Player B is also eligible for ::deals if there are any running in the duration of his purchase from the webstore.
How will this benefit player/server?

Allows player to easily buy smaller donations which can be accumlated to a larger amount.  Nowadays it's hard to find big donations.

With this new scroll, players can easily buy multiple of $10 scrolls to accumulate to their desired amount easier.
How could this be expanded in future?

Future giveaways / Event give aways opens up to many other possibilities and have a fixed amount of " 10 , 30, 50 , 100 , 200 "
What negative effect could this have? (Think eco, Item balances, Overpowered)

There is hardly any negative effects. If there are any please give me feedback and comments! 




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't allow players to buy donations at a fixed rate, it merely allows players to store the value of their donation to be used whenever they want to use it.

 

If your goal is to link the donation price to an in-game value, then you would need a staff assigned flat rate for how much $1 is worth in-game, which would have a large impact upon the economy.

 

If your goal is to be able to find many small donations to build to a larger one, then sure, this works, but the flux in in-game to donation rates will continue to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortunately cannot vouch for this idea. agree with regis that fixing dono to some value would have too much impact on eco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, regis said:

This doesn't allow players to buy donations at a fixed rate, it merely allows players to store the value of their donation to be used whenever they want to use it.

 

If your goal is to link the donation price to an in-game value, then you would need a staff assigned flat rate for how much $1 is worth in-game, which would have a large impact upon the economy.

 

If your goal is to be able to find many small donations to build to a larger one, then sure, this works, but the flux in in-game to donation rates will continue to change.

pardon my poor description of my idea.. but let me clear this misunderstanding if there is any. My suggestion is the latter, where we can buy many amount of small donation to be stockpiled into a big donation.




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly they have done this before. They took it out because the prices for the scrolls just became outrageous (Not as outrageous as the prices today though). I have been also told that Custom scrolls are not able to join in on goodiebag deals. Only from the items inside the Ds store or for a custom. I would love to see the scrolls come back to help out with big donations though.




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% vouch for this, however I think if it's money actually being donated then when claiming the scrolls you should he able to receive deals. If your unable to and this is introduced to the game it will completely ruin the price of donations making it so much cheaper to buy per $ in game as the reason they're holding so much value at the moment is so that the person buying the donation can receive the current deals. 

 

And if the price of donations decreases massively then people will be less inclined go donate for in game cash as their money won't go as far. 

 

Bottom line is I support this but feel you should be able to get deals :). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erm.. guys I'm not sure if my English is bad or i just cant type but i did mention that 

This amount cannot be used for ::deals or any other sort of Goodiebags / Bonuses.

However player can use it for Custom donation or anything else in the store.

so... yeah.. you can't use these " saved up " donations to get deals or goodiebags even for those who purchase the scroll.




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cjbear said:

Erm.. guys I'm not sure if my English is bad or i just cant type but i did mention that 

This amount cannot be used for ::deals or any other sort of Goodiebags / Bonuses.

However player can use it for Custom donation or anything else in the store.

so... yeah.. you can't use these " saved up " donations to get deals or goodiebags even for those who purchase the scroll.

I know you said they're not for deals and they would be great for stock piling for bigger donations, however from the point of view of the person buying it for real money they have the option of buying say a $30 scroll and selling it in game for i would guess around 60m, where as people will bay 80m in game if they donate $30 to them so they are able to use it on deals. I know I wouldn't pay the same price for $30 on the store as I would for $30 + a goodie bag with 15m+ prizes. So in that case no one will donate for the scrolls to sell them on.

 

I would love to see these scrolls as they would help me out massively I'm just pointing out the possible issue of them not counting in deals. But I may be completely wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I vouch for this.

In my impression, buying a donation scroll in store is like buying a gift card. Say you're purchasing a $50 scroll.  Purchasing it from the store gives you no benefits, has no fixed cost ($50 is $50) in game, and cannot be used for deals. It is only transactional such that the server gets $50 and the player gets a $50 scroll (or whatever we want to call it tbh). I think the difficulty (and confusion) in this discussion is actually in how to consume the scroll to buy customs or items in store. For that, there probably needs to be an entirely separate discussion; however, I imagine something like a pin/code/unique id that comes with the scroll that can be used in the "PROMO" line when making a purchase in store would be a good mechanism. Obviously, when buying customs it's already taken into consideration for specific deals. Buying those items in store or through customs WOULD count towards deals because that's driving the same behavior that staff encourage now.

 

I do not see any way that this impacts current prices of donations or drives inflation as it is anchored to donor amount, and IN FACT I believe that it will actually provide a larger stream of donations to server as smaller donations now could trickle in and have value.

Let's discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alpha01 said:

I vouch for this.

In my impression, buying a donation scroll in store is like buying a gift card. Say you're purchasing a $50 scroll.  Purchasing it from the store gives you no benefits, has no fixed cost ($50 is $50) in game, and cannot be used for deals. It is only transactional such that the server gets $50 and the player gets a $50 scroll (or whatever we want to call it tbh). I think the difficulty (and confusion) in this discussion is actually in how to consume the scroll to buy customs or items in store. For that, there probably needs to be an entirely separate discussion; however, I imagine something like a pin/code/unique id that comes with the scroll that can be used in the "PROMO" line when making a purchase in store would be a good mechanism. Obviously, when buying customs it's already taken into consideration for specific deals. Buying those items in store or through customs WOULD count towards deals because that's driving the same behavior that staff encourage now.

 

I do not see any way that this impacts current prices of donations or drives inflation as it is anchored to donor amount, and IN FACT I believe that it will actually provide a larger stream of donations to server as smaller donations now could trickle in and have value.

Let's discuss.

Actually something you said there just put it all in a better perspective for me, the way I was seeing it was someone would buy a scroll to then sell on in game, but the way you worded it I get the point now, when donating for $30 buy buying it in game you'd get the seller to purchase the scroll for you So you get the deal right then but your able to stack your scrolls rather than just getting a lot of bfg goodieboxes for example. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you for making me realise that @Alpha01

 

Sorry for my confusion :)

 

Im that case I fully 100% support this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love this idea! The only thing I would suggest is making the scrolls not applicable to goodiebags/deals and only having them being used for customs/high tier donation items. Vouch from me with those suggestions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Cjbear,

 

As @808raptor mentioned , I have seen the old donation value as an item in game before and it was quite outrageous during that period as the value of a dollar was pretty much decided by the Big Players in DreamScape

 

On top of that, it will be hard to be monitored by the staff team due to it being an item transacting as ingame trading throughout the day.

 

In conclusion, my stand is neutral to help the average player in DreamScape to be able to have equal chance of purchasing donation in the whereby the maximum cap for $30 is 100m and is monitored by the staff of DreamScape. Nevertheless,  this is a good suggestion.




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this