Sign in to follow this  
MrKaneki

Rusty attempt at GFX

Hey there guys, I though I would take a shot at making something today. I haven't made anything with Photoshop for roughly 2 years now aha so expect a bit of trial and error with future works. So at the moment I feel like I can do some basic text type works and some other background type works. The style I tried to do today which I haven't done in a LONG time is a smudge style type of work, I do hope you guys like it and keep an eye out for possibly more works ❤️.

VividDreams.png.8db7520e200aa57faad559633728d6db.png

1 hour ago, Shwa said:

Looks nice :) Hope to see more soon.

Thank you (; Will for sure be doing some more works in the near future.

35 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Woah Kaneki! Looks good for someone hasn't done gfx for a while!

Goodjob man ! :)

Thank you ❤️ I am glad you liked it :).

On 2/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, Chanman said:

Can't wait to see what else you got coming 😄

Thanks Chanman :).

On 2/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, Kevin L said:

Very nice job dude, if I ever need a art work, I know who to reach now.

Haha, very kind of you.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:08 AM, 808raptor said:

OH MY GOSH! Yes. Just YES! Some great skill's you got here! Will you be sharing more of your work? Would love to see more!

That is very nice of you, thank you very much @808raptor. I may do more works in the future haha, my bet is most likely.

Much love guys ❤️ I am glad you guys liked it, really.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, Cinematic said:

Very smooth I like it

Thank you very much :), glad you like it. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, Anti said:

Pretty nice, you'll get better with more practice believe me.

- Anti

Much appreciated Anti, and that is indeed true to the fullest.

The work itself looks pretty nice tbh,but the lightning doesn't add up,the render has one lighting while the background has another,you should've tried to blend it all together to make or more of a 'one piece art' if you understand what i mean. Besides all that it look pretty good

nice, did you smudge the bg yourself?, maybe use a harder brush and more variated movements, and then sharpen it up these are some smudges i did 3-4 years ago
you see what i mean?
Anime smudge ~ by OneDayGFX
Legacy ~ by OneDayGFX
Smudge Project~ by OneDayGFX

as for the lightning, find a tutorial how to do a good basic lightning with brushes and effects. will make your piece even more alive with the right lightning work 😄 
nonetheless, i appreciate your contribution, all work is good, and there is always room to improve, i believe you can built it up! keep it up

22 minutes ago, Legacy said:

nice, did you smudge the bg yourself?, maybe use a harder brush and more variated movements, and then sharpen it up these are some smudges i did 3-4 years ago
you see what i mean?
Anime smudge ~ by OneDayGFX
Legacy ~ by OneDayGFX
Smudge Project~ by OneDayGFX

as for the lightning, find a tutorial how to do a good basic lightning with brushes and effects. will make your piece even more alive with the right lightning work 😄 
nonetheless, i appreciate your contribution, all work is good, and there is always room to improve, i believe you can built it up! keep it up

I really appreciate the constructive feedback! I truly agree with you, I shall work on that. It has always been a struggle for me to say the least. I feel as if I have the creativity aspect down to a T but just lack the current skills to really provide blending, which usually leads to me hitting a roadblock or a creativity block to be more exact. But I shall continue to learn and improve as you said :). I use to use an older PS version, but I had gotten a new PC which then I was forced to get the latest CC which really feels different to me in an odd way. Just feels like I could do a lot more now but don't know where to begin haha. 

As for the background of the work I did here, yes everything was made from hand basically aside from the render itself. I used a mix of Brush patterns and smudging to create that background. I would have to redo my brush packs and fonts still haha, which is a chore in itself xP. Can never have too many brushes and or fonts xD. But thank you Legacy, for taking your time to review and for giving me some advice ;).

I LOVE smudge signatures!!!!!!!! (I assume that is what it is called) Fantastic job! Don't know too much about graphics designing but the colors fit well with render and makes me just want to look at the details  :)