Sign in to follow this  
Item "Transmutation"

Hey all, sorry I haven't been active in about a week or more. I've been busy buying and playing Diablo 3! Great game for anyone who likes the dungeon-crawlers.

Within the game is the "Kanai's Cube," one of its properties allows you to "transmute" some "set" items into other "set" items of the same "set" at a cost. For DreamScape this would mean that if you had Olaf's Legs, Olaf's Platebody and Olaf's cape, you're not wanting that cape, you want that helmet. For anything but Ironman that's an easy sell the cape, buy the helm assuming you have the money.

This update wouldn't just pertain to ironmen, but could be used in conjunction with further updates to the ::upgrade chest for lower-tier items into medium-tier items.

• What this would do for you

Ultimately, especially on ironman, the grind getting your last piece of a gear-set is demoralizing. I personally never got a shadow torva platebody, an american torva platebody, a chaos helmet and certainly no pieces beyond any better sets.

I'm proposing we have a new object interface VERY SIMILAR to the ::upgrade chest, but for "transmutations", turning one item of a set into another item of a set. I had 3 shadow helms, two legs, no platebody (and no platebody until I luckily got elemental plate from a world boss!) This would mainly be geared towards full sets like emperor's set or sets with bonuses for full.

• How it works

We would have a new NPC or object (my personal vote goes for one of the mystic orb-looking things from Mage-Training Arena in RS) with an interface much like the ::upgrade chest I imagine. You'd be able to input one or more pieces of a set item PLUS either cash, the appropriate souls or maybe some other new resource, and have a percent chance to roll into your desired piece.

For EXAMPLE: The Emperor's set is 5(?) pieces, but you have 6 pieces. None of which are the boots. That's damn unfortunate, especially if you're an ironman who donated all that money getting not-even a full set. Tsk. Tsk. With this system, since the set is 5 pieces, every piece you are willing to sacrifice with cost  will give you a chance to roll it into your selected specified piece.

This would mean that putting up one legs and one helmet (TWO pieces of emp set) along with whatever resource cost is chosen, you get +20% chance of a successful per item for a total of 40% chance of getting the item you requested. This resource or cash cost would be removed for every attempt. The sacrificed set pieces as well as the cost to pay for the transmutation will be 100% removed and replaced with the set-item of your choice if it is successful. Any resource/cash cost does NOT apply to a +% of success, only just the fee to try to do so.

On unsuccessful rolls, considering the same scenario of putting in TWO set pieces from a set that is FIVE, each piece gives +20% chance to succeed for a total of +40%. When that is to fail I believe you should have either the same +20% per item chance or a flat 50% chance per item to receive the "sacrificed" item back. This is for two reasons:
    • On emperor's sets or sets to be discontinued in the future, if they're 100% sacrificed and removed from game, we may see a lot of uniques just being gone, "never" to return;
    • Second is to utilize transmutation as a money/resource sink. You MAY keep the items (might not, too) but if you were to keep them, you'd probably try again or grind the money/resources for further attempts.

• Sets this would/could work with

• American Torva and (U) variant (3 pieces);
    • Shadow Torva and (U) variant (3 pieces);
    • Dream Armor (at a higher cost, maybe?);
    • Elemental Armor (3 pieces);
    • Chaos Armor (3 pieces);
    • Olaf's Set (3 of 5 pieces);
    • Justiciar Set (3 pieces);
    • Emperor's Set (5? pieces);
    • American Pernix and (U) variant (3 pieces);
    • Devious Set (3 pieces);
    • American Virtus and (U) variants (3 pieces);
    • Inga set (3 pieces);
    • Oblivion set (3 pieces);

You notice that in infernal set (5 pieces) is not  on this list, because at one point it may be entirely too profitable to change out the helm/top/bottom to attempt for gloves/boots for the higher magic %.

• Current concerns:
    1. Using money (trils, bils, quads) to pay for these attempted transmutations devalues the ::upgrade chest which has no cost other than the potential sacrifice.
      My solution to this was grindable, stackable "resources" that you would need to use X (or some number) of per attempted transmutation. These could be ANY stackable item that I guess might fit the theme.
    2. Second, if we were to use grinded/stackable "resources" as the currency to allow these transmutations, what mobs drop them and are they tradable?
    3. I'm concerned and haven't crunched the numbers on current prices, but it would need some tweaking to make sure that the benefit of getting a different set item outweighs the potential profit of getting it.
    4. BIGGEST CONCERN is whether or not you could SELECT the item you want to attempt to roll into. 
      Just as the upgrade chest has only one possible item you could receive, the transmutation could either:
      A) Use the items and resources sacrificed and you could only get a piece you didn't put in your sacrifice, should you succeed.
      B) Use the items and resources sacrificed, and if successful, you could gain a piece you already put in for sacrifice.

Personally I don't like B, I have 3 shadow torva helms and 2 legs and no body. If I put up 2 helms, 1 legs at +20% each (+60% total chance), paid my cost for my transmute attempt and got A HELMET BACK? ON A SUCCESSFUL TRANSMUTE? I'd break my computer.

All in all, I'm sure this benefits more than just the ironmen in the game, especially our mid-level players who haven't quite reached higher than AM Pernix + MG.

THIS IS GAMBLING YOUR ITEMS FOR A POTENTIAL RETURN OF NOTHING, NOTHING IS GUARANTEED AND ALL OF THE PERCENTAGES I HAVE LISTED HERE ARE VERY DOUBTFUL TO BE FINAL PERCENTAGES IMPLEMENTED IF THIS GOES THROUGH. PLEASE GAMBLE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BEST OF LUCK GETTING YOUR ITEMS.

Please leave feedback on specific points you'd like address or have me amend. I put a fair amount of time into typing this up, and it can always be modified. Saying "no support" without addressing any particular part (or articulating on the whole the suggestion) is spam.

Thank you for reading, best of luck on loots today

I really like this idea and as a former d3 player i know exactly what your talking about. I feel this would be great for progression it wouldnt be something that would make a day and night change and make ironmen op... I know they are going to look at the uniron and what this could do to the economy so I think there has to be certain stipulations such as definitely no armor to weapon transmutations. But I support the idea fully.

This has been suggested before, I’m not sure if it’s still in the suggestions or if it has been moved to the archive.

Regardless, I still like this idea and you explained it better than the other person did.  

I don’t think there really has to be a risk to lose these items but instead could require a cost to transmute, like diablo 3. 

Example: Shadow Platelegs transmute would cost 1,000 shadow king souls. 

Support.

(love diablo 3 btw)

31 minutes ago, I Willy I said:

This has been suggested before, I’m not sure if it’s still in the suggestions or if it has been moved to the archive.

Regardless, I still like this idea and you explained it better than the other person did.  

I don’t think there really has to be a risk to lose these items but instead could require a cost to transmute, like diablo 3. 

Example: Shadow Platelegs transmute would cost 1,000 shadow king souls. 

Support.

(love diablo 3 btw)

SOULS, beautiful idea, didn't even think of that. Added to the main post, thank you for your support!

Definitely support the souls. It would be a lot better then cash tickets. Not sure how I feel about the break chance if any if there is one i feel it should be close to 50/50 or slightly less or more either way. Or if you get a piece and wear it it will allow for them to drop "shadow king transmutation shards'"