So I've been having this little issue with all versions of the client lately. I open it up and the background doesn't load (see screenshot below). I have to open at least 10 clients before 1 finally loads properly for me. I've deleted and re-downloaded the whole dreamscape file, cache etc. multiple times before and this still continues to happen. Anyone have any ideas as to why and how I can fix it? If I just have to deal with it I will, but I'm curious if anyone has had this issue and fixed it before.

5IhfkRn.png

All I can think of is deleting your cache. Are you sure your doing it right? Also maybe your javas out of date. If none of that works. Make a support ticket reporting it. 

33 minutes ago, Vaider said:

All I can think of is deleting your cache. Are you sure your doing it right? Also maybe your javas out of date. If none of that works. Make a support ticket reporting it. 

Java is for sure up to date and yes I'm sure I'm deleting the cache correctly. It happens even after deleting the whole DS file and everything DS related on my computer.

Even if your java is up-to-date, you may still have older versions installed alongside the newest version somewhere unbeknownst to you, which definitely causes problems more times than not. Navigate to the part of Java’s website that has a tool to uninstall older versions (should be on the JRE download page to the left on a sidebar). If this isn’t a fix, nor the issue, just uninstall and reinstall JRE. Couldn’t hurt, really

When did this begin happening? Attempt to system restore to a time prior to this occurrence if the above methods do nothing. Perhaps something is interfering with java’s ability to operate .jar loaders in some way

54 minutes ago, Cyberr said:

Even if your java is up-to-date, you may still have older versions installed alongside the newest version somewhere unbeknownst to you, which definitely causes problems more times than not. Navigate to the part of Java’s website that has a tool to uninstall older versions (should be on the JRE download page to the left on a sidebar). If this isn’t a fix, nor the issue, just uninstall and reinstall JRE. Couldn’t hurt, really

When did this begin happening? Attempt to system restore to a time prior to this occurrence if the above methods do nothing. Perhaps something is interfering with java’s ability to operate .jar loaders in some way

I don't have any prior versions installed as I just recently factory reset this computer about 2 weeks ago. I've deleted and re-downloaded JRE, & DreamScape countless times. It happened about a week ago, but nothing has been installed, updated or even remotely changed to this computer in any way, shape or form since then. I log in, play DS, log off. No other websites, no other anything. All 3 types of clients give me that blank background until about the 10th time I close and re-open the client. Sometimes it can be more, sometimes less. The launcher gives me the option to Run As Administrator but that doesn't fix anything. I've tried messing with compatibility settings too. It's got me stumped, I've never ran into this with any other client before.

6 hours ago, Phetish said:

I don't have any prior versions installed as I just recently factory reset this computer about 2 weeks ago. I've deleted and re-downloaded JRE, & DreamScape countless times. It happened about a week ago, but nothing has been installed, updated or even remotely changed to this computer in any way, shape or form since then. I log in, play DS, log off. No other websites, no other anything. All 3 types of clients give me that blank background until about the 10th time I close and re-open the client. Sometimes it can be more, sometimes less. The launcher gives me the option to Run As Administrator but that doesn't fix anything. I've tried messing with compatibility settings too. It's got me stumped, I've never ran into this with any other client before.

Those were the next things I was gonna recommend. Welp, I'm sorry. I really don't know what else could help then /:

Me either lol, I guess I'll just deal with it as is. It is an older computer so that in itself may just be the issue. I should have a new one by October so we'll see how that works out for me. Thanks anyway y'all!