Bob

#BOBSPLAN - Help The Committee Elaborate!

HEY #BOBSPLAN members :)

Our master suggestion thread for week one has been created! First and foremost, go check that out and vouch for your favorite ideas. 

@Y0da Is here suggested this, and he won the suggestion of the week! So in light of his suggestion, we are going to elaborate.

image.thumb.png.b616ba63b2e023a9c466d4b1f39cd137.png

With that being established, we are opening a new thread (this thread) until Sunday, May 6th, where we are going to brainstorm ideas to make castle wars better! Please post all of your castle wars suggestions, bug fixes, revamps, and shop ideas below! We will be making a master thread for all of the castle wars suggestions we receive over the next few days. 

POST SUGGESTIONS BELOW :)

Revamp the rewards not only to make it worthwhile to play gp/h wise, but something to help out ironmen a bit too, the boxing gloves are already a good start seeing as that's the only reasonable way to get a pair, but perhaps add respective castle wars armor with mid-game(?) stats, something to work for and have to bridge the gap between early and endgame gear grinds, or even a few unreleased cosmetics to get people really wanting to play for those rares

Reduce the game length, right now I believe it's around 12 (?) minutes a game, should reduce it to maybe 5 so you can play more games an hour, and spend less time just practically doing nothing (most CW games i've seen started as of recent people just afk for the duration and tie)

5 minutes ago, Free Sex V2 said:

Revamp the rewards not only to make it worthwhile to play gp/h wise, but something to help out ironmen a bit too, the boxing gloves are already a good start seeing as that's the only reasonable way to get a pair, but perhaps add respective castle wars armor with mid-game(?) stats, something to work for and have to bridge the gap between early and endgame gear grinds, or even a few unreleased cosmetics to get people really wanting to play for those rares

Reduce the game length, right now I believe it's around 12 (?) minutes a game, should reduce it to maybe 5 so you can play more games an hour, and spend less time just practically doing nothing (most CW games i've seen started as of recent people just afk for the duration and tie)

WONDERFUL suggestion here my friend. Everything you said hits the nail right on the head. I can see this actually being implemented in game. I can see you making your way up in #bobsplan relatively quick. Have you applied for a staff position within the committee?

Just now, Free Sex V2 said:

Reduce the game length, right now I believe it's around 12 (?) minutes a game, should reduce it to maybe 5

Yes, reduce time and also add another way to finish lets say a team scoring 3 or 4 points. that way if you have a good team it is even faster, this would motivate players to play for real, also the losing team if losing this way gets less points so it dont encourage people giving up. 

Make a double hour on weekends (this work for Bg as well) For exemple from 12pm gmt to 13pm gmt, all castle war points are doubled and from 14pm gmt to 15pm gmt all Bg points are double. so at least for this hour the mini game will be packed. 

4 minutes ago, Zoldyck said:

Yes, reduce time and also add another way to finish lets say a team scoring 3 or 4 points. that way if you have a good team it is even faster, this would motivate players to play for real, also the losing team if losing this way gets less points so it dont encourage people giving up. 

Make a double hour on weekends (this work for Bg as well) For exemple from 12pm gmt to 13pm gmt, all castle war points are doubled and from 14pm gmt to 15pm gmt all Bg points are double. so at least for this hour the mini game will be packed. 

THE INNOVATION IS REAL TODAY! I am loving these suggestions, you guys will be the reason we bring back some of the best dead content in game. Thank you zoldyck

11 minutes ago, hc bob said:

WONDERFUL suggestion here my friend. Everything you said hits the nail right on the head. I can see this actually being implemented in game. I can see you making your way up in #bobsplan relatively quick. Have you applied for a staff position within the committee?

Nay, I haven't, I'm just interested in seeing this minigame revived because it's really fun, there's a reason the old Teamspeak and Discord had, and currently do have a zamorak/saradomin voice chat.

Put in the pvp armor like Wizzy Torva, Sword of 1k Truths, Zaryte Bow, etc that actually help get better INSIDE of Castle Wars, I remember when I first joined it was a struggle if someone had a Sword of 1k or a Zaryte bow, so if we make it more accessible, maybe it will help people want to do more CW and also more PvP in general.

12 minutes ago, AsleepDemon said:

Put in the pvp armor like Wizzy Torva, Sword of 1k Truths, Zaryte Bow, etc that actually help get better INSIDE of Castle Wars, I remember when I first joined it was a struggle if someone had a Sword of 1k or a Zaryte bow, so if we make it more accessible, maybe it will help people want to do more CW and also more PvP in general.

FOSHO homie. What a great idea, obviously it wouldn't cost a lot of castle wars points, but it totally would be worth it. Some of those items are really good for PvP and it would allow players to level up their gear without having to pay cash. All they have to do is play a few games of castle wars! Will definitely be included in the master thread, thanks buddy.

Got a couple suggestions:

1. Would be nice if we got an update on the POS search feature. It's usually pretty buggy, plus there are a ton of items on the search feature that don't seem to exist on the game, and a couple doubles as well. For example, if you search up Mystery Box there's the actual Mystery Box item that is listed in someone's POS, but if you scroll down there's another item called "Mystery Box" as well and if you click it no results will show up.

2. A feature that tells us what we sold in our POS. Because sometimes I don't even know what I sold in my POS. I log in, click "Collect Checks" then it's like, "4531b tickets has been added to your inventory." But then I don't even know what I sold. So that would be pretty nice if we had that feature.

And another thing to add to that is if we got an update in the chatbox as well when we sold something while we were offline. Currently you would only get an update on what you sold in your POS when you're online, but we should also get that update once we log in after being offline for a while.

3. Update on Squeal of Fortune rewards. The recent update on vote rewards is a nice improvement, I always wanted an update on it because it makes it worth it for users to vote. I mean as a server I don't see why you guys would have a reason to update the Squeal of Fortune but I guess it adds a bit of fun to the game, and adds another reason for people to reach level 99 in any skill. The current rewards are just useless really, other than the Double XP ring.

4. Revamp of all Donator benefits. Personally I was pretty disappointed with the Super Dungeon. I went there to find out that there's only 3 bosses that are worth killing. Super Donator Zone is disappointing as well. You go there and there's literally 1 NPC and a bank.

2 hours ago, Hostility said:

I like this idea, this shouold happen.

2 hours ago, Zoldyck said:

I really love this suggestion right here. 

In addition to boxing gloves, I suggest a specific item that would give a reason why players would play this minigame. For example Arcade has Link set, kunckles pet. Battlegrounds has Capt America shield Thor's hammer, rogue set etc.

For my suggestion it would be

1x Pet for each side giving a stat, example lets say this pet is able to perhaps fit the role of the collectors necklace and pick up items for you and store to your bank. Or perhaps it can involve something to do with the double drop or drop rate.

My pet in mind would be blue side : Stitch, For red would be Lilo.

For the set of Armour maybe the black panther suit where the special effect could deflect damage (maybe aoe to benefit arcade). I know that set might not sound as good but with decent stats and perhaps giving it drop rate or double drop would make it a really good set to have.

For a weapon perhaps thanos's infinity gauntlet where each attack could be different or there are different attack modes (something like how the kbd has different attacks) 

Many like myself love the cosmetics in this game and would love to see something like this added. Many of us are marvel fans and this would attract lots of attention to castle wars.

7 hours ago, Currencies said:

1. Would be nice if we got an update on the POS search feature. It's usually pretty buggy, plus there are a ton of items on the search feature that don't seem to exist on the game, and a couple doubles as well. For example, if you search up Mystery Box there's the actual Mystery Box item that is listed in someone's POS, but if you scroll down there's another item called "Mystery Box" as well and if you click it no results will show up.

2. A feature that tells us what we sold in our POS. Because sometimes I don't even know what I sold in my POS. I log in, click "Collect Checks" then it's like, "4531b tickets has been added to your inventory." But then I don't even know what I sold. So that would be pretty nice if we had that feature.

And another thing to add to that is if we got an update in the chatbox as well when we sold something while we were offline. Currently you would only get an update on what you sold in your POS when you're online, but we should also get that update once we log in after being offline for a while.

3. Update on Squeal of Fortune rewards. The recent update on vote rewards is a nice improvement, I always wanted an update on it because it makes it worth it for users to vote. I mean as a server I don't see why you guys would have a reason to update the Squeal of Fortune but I guess it adds a bit of fun to the game, and adds another reason for people to reach level 99 in any skill. The current rewards are just useless really, other than the Double XP ring.

4. Revamp of all Donator benefits. Personally I was pretty disappointed with the Super Dungeon. I went there to find out that there's only 3 bosses that are worth killing. Super Donator Zone is disappointing as well. You go there and there's literally 1 NPC and a bank.

My man, great ideas ! but this thread is going about the revamp of Castle Wars mainly, but you could post all of the ideas in another section -> http://dreamscape317.net/forum/index.php?/forum/78-suggestions/

If You have any ideas about Castle Wars, be sure to post them ;-)

23 hours ago, Currencies said:

All of these are very good man. I will be sure to add these to future possible thoughts when it comes to themes such as the POS.

i don't have anything more to add... most people already said the things that i would've said.

yeah, do decrease gamelength it would be better in my opinion. 

LET'S BRING CW BACK!!!

I'd suggest as said above already to revamp the shop with some new worthy items. Aswell I would suggest to reward every player a cash prize after every game. Winners will get obviously more than the losers when tie all players will be getting the same  standard cash reward between what the losers and winners get.

So e.g winners get 10T losers 5T when tie all 7.5T.

Cash rewards cud be more or less its just so you got an idea off what I mean

On 5/5/2018 at 1:40 PM, pkant18 said:

i don't have anything more to add... most people already said the things that i would've said.

yeah, do decrease gamelength it would be better in my opinion. 

LET'S BRING CW BACK!!!

I agree everyone has said all the good stuff

CW is a great mini game lets restart it :) 

On 5/5/2018 at 8:38 PM, firered835 said:

We should have set items that you have i.e. barrows armour, whip and as such.

I vouch for this :) So it's fair for everybody !

On 5/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, TorvestaRs said:

You should try the idea of making a custom castle wars armor set for in the shop

This idea has come back a lot ! Sweet :D Will be working on it :) 

On 5/5/2018 at 9:08 PM, Ethereum said:

I'd suggest as said above already to revamp the shop with some new worthy items. Aswell I would suggest to reward every player a cash prize after every game. Winners will get obviously more than the losers when tie all players will be getting the same  standard cash reward between what the losers and winners get.

So e.g winners get 10T losers 5T when tie all 7.5T.

Cash rewards cud be more or less its just so you got an idea off what I mean

But then people would play it only for the money :/ bg / arcade also gives rewards (cash prize then) So I don't really think first hand this would be usefull. We'll look into it :)

Great ideas guys ! Keep it up !