I would like to suggest an archive section for the forums, helps keep it fresh and clean cut separating old inactive and locked posts from the rest of the posts that are more recent. It helps keep organized especially, I help moderate a forums with well over 900,000 posts and thousands of members on the forums and it can get pretty crazy so just my suggestion to kinda help separating. :)

There is an archive that only staff can see.

This is where all posts over a specific age range go, and where posts that break rules go. Hence why staff are the only ones who can see it.

I agree with the OP. I believe some archives should be added to be viewed by the public. Just because then someone can come on and search for a keyword like "Can not load client" and have all the previous posts that deal with this. I do however think that we do not move threads to the archive at the highest efficiency so it is still possible to do so without and archive. It would just make all of our posts look cleaner which would be nice. Right now, we do not have high forum activity to justify creating a category and moving all old posts into it.

Vouch on Idea

No Vouch on doing it now/anytime soon until forum activities increases.