Sign in to follow this  
DRAX

Ask Drax Anything!

ask-me-anything.png

OHHHHHHHH DAMMMNNNNN!

It's time for a thread I have been threatening to make for a long long time!

ASK DRAX ANYTHING!

This is an opportunity to ask questions that I will answer in full.

These can be game related or non-game related and as broad or specific as you like!

This is: an opportunity to ask a question or get info on something you have always wanted to know

This is not: a troll fest or a thread for meme's and non serious contributions (please don't make me regret making this thread LOL)

A few small rules before we begin!

Comments will be Hidden/Unanswered under a few circumstances:

1. Abusive or harassing comments or questions

2. Requests for personal favors from the OP (For example, "Drax, can you give me a free GMG"). 

3. All Replies Must contain a question

4. Comments where there would be no possibility of a real answer, especially where it is deliberately creepy or offensive. 

5. "I bet Drax won't answer this"-type responses. 

6. Questions must be directed toward me and not others 

Without further ado... I ask you to

ASK ME ANYTHING!

8 minutes ago, Rikkih said:

Who is your favorite DS player?

Ooooh! what a great question to start out with!

I'm going to leave out comments like - OMG what a Sophie's choice kinda question or That's like choosing between your kids!

To be perfectly honest with you, I played the server for 3 months before becoming staff and I have a number of friends from way back then that will always remain amongst my favourite DS players. Now I am staff it's hard to talk about the player base without sounding all high and mighty - which I am not. I spend a lot of my time now talking to players and helping them and I love it. I meet new people on a daily and have probably spoken to a substantial portion of the server at one point or another. I love speaking to new players and old players and working with them to ensure they are having a great time! Now... I'm not going to lie to you and say I love all players equally and have no favourite players... but maybe, rather then calling them my favourite ds players I should just call em my friends.

These people all share something in common, they are all super kind, they all love the server and are filled with positivity about the game and community, they all get involved with the community (forums, discord, etc) and they message me just to say Hi! or How's your day? going without wanting anything in return but to let me know they are thinking about me.

If you share those traits... you are probably my favourite ds player.

Drax

15 minutes ago, Emperor Nick said:

What is the most exotic place that you have been to?

Dope question!

I've been really fortunate to travel a lot... I was blessed with a number of great family holidays when I was younger and have managed to take myself to a few awesome places since leaving home.

It's hard when you say exotic - It makes me think of an island with sea, sand and sexy ladies. I was blessed to go to the Maldives which is exactly that... I would totally recommend the Maldives as a place to visit, but to me that wasn't at all exotic, it was a resort where you ate ice cream and laughed at the fat British boy who got sunburned. 

The most exotic place I ever visited would have to be Northern Thailand. I got the chance to ride a motorbike (yeah not a scooter hahaha) on the Mae Hong Son Loop. If you don't know the route I am talking about you should definitely check it out online, it boasts like over 700 hairpin bends and the views are insane. On the first day of the trip, it rained the whole time, but when we got to the top of this random hill (and there are a lot of them) by this random temple, the sun came out and I pulled my bike over to the side of the road to just let it all wash over me. It was pretty dope... NGL.

Thailand is an amazing place that is not all ladyboys and knife crime. It's an amazingly spiritual and cultural place that is filled with amazing things to see. Deffo vouch that as the most exotic place I ever went to. Not going to lie though, on the second day of that trip, just outside of Pai, I got really sun burned and pulled over to the side of the road for an ice cream. I mean all in all I guess I was that fat British boy with sunburn that people laughed at....

Drax

why aren't you answering any of the above questions, such a noob. haha jk man. whats it like being a donation manager and do you love it 

8 hours ago, Nii said:

What is your perfect pizza? ;)

In my opinion, there is one king of all pizza's and that is the Neapolitan Pizza... problem is, it's a bitch to get a hold of true Neapolitan Pizza. Unless the tomatoes are grown at the base of Mount Vesuvius and the Mozzarella used is made with the milk of Water Buffalo it's NOT Neapolitan Pizza! (don't believe me? click here). I've had Neapolitan Pizza probably like 10 times in my life and it has always made me have a mouth orgasm! It's a pet peeve of mine when I go to a pizza joint and they have Neapolitan slices on there for like £1. If I was bold enough, I would ask how they managed to source Mozzarella di Bufala Campana for such a low price this far west of Europe, but I am British... so I just order the BBQ chicken with thick doughy base that makes you feel equal amounts of bloat and regret and leave.

7 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Who is your favorite superhero, and why?

ps. You have alot of questions to wake up to haha

Batman... Because he's not a superhero at all, he's just crazy rich and what do you do when you get that much money? well most people get a huge condo in Florida and get a little sun tan going on by the pool while the people they have hired ensure the money keeps on rolling in. Bruce Wayne decides to just develop awesome tech that can be used to fight crime... and then he gets his ass into a skin tight leotard and goes out there and fights people... I'd like to see Warren Buffet doing that. Actually I take that back, Please warren never wear a skin tight leotard.

5 hours ago, kKaranes said:

Who is your favorite black person, and why?

My Old Piano Teacher. Mr Whitley.

He shared his love of blues and jazz piano with me and while my parents wanted me to learn Bach... he taught me to play Motown classics instead. He had amazing patience... I mean have you ever heard a white 9 year old trying to play 'Hit the Road Jack' on the piano? No? Well Mr Whitley did... 3 days a week. Major love for him... Also, can't mention my favourite black person without giving a massive shout out to Jesus.

5 hours ago, Potentials said:

What is your favorite kind of chips? Why drax? And do you like me?

In England chips means fries so my favourite kind of chips are just with a little salt and vinegar on them fresh out the fryer with a little battered haddock.

I know what you meant though so I'm going to tell you. My favourite chips as boing as it sounds are Kettle Chips - sea salt and black pepper (see picture below)

They are really good, natural, potato tasting chips. You gotta try these bad boys... no jokes :D :D :D

kettle-chips-peppercorns1.jpg

Oh and yes... I like you.

No homo

4 hours ago, Amonn said:

why aren't you answering any of the above questions, such a noob. haha jk man. whats it like being a donation manager and do you love it 

Sorry bruh, Even Drax gotta sleep sometimes ;)

What's it like being donation manager? Hard work hahaha

Coming up with new deals for players to ensure they get the best deals they can without killing the eco, managing custom donations and working with modellers and developers to ensure the customs kick ass as well as developing new content, weapons, gear, boxes etc.

It is however the most fun I have ever had on an RSPS ever! I adore it! Speaking to players after getting their custom's made and hearing their love of the item, seeing someone pull a dream reward from a new box I made or just hearing from a donator who loves the server and want to ensure it stays up makes the whole job so so so worth it!

We have a very generous and kind community and being a part of it makes me dizzy with gratitude.

#DSGANG

Drax

m2tW8Am.jpg 

That I have now a chance to aIMzibm.png

What country/place would you like to visit? And why?!

Do you like cats? Why and what kind?!

Do you love Garfield more or Bodhi?

Would you call yourself like a Legend or more like a myth? O_o

Batman or Superman?

Immortal or healing ability but you'll die by aging.

Would you love to take another position for another turn? Instead being donation manager forever and not having some taste of other positions?

Have fun answering :3 

10 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

I love reading your answers.

What's a moment in a movie that always makes you cry?  What movie and what scene.

I'm a man... so I don't cry at movies. 

Lol jk. The Emoji Movie had me weeping big old jelly bean tears.

9 hours ago, Zodiac said:

Since humans can not see air.

Can fish see water?

Is water wet?

I mean that is a good question.

The truth of the matter is we wouldn't be able to know whether fish can see water. Even if they could tell us what they saw it wouldn't make sense. A fishes reality is so far removed from our own that concepts of sight, vision, colour, brightness, contrast would not be anything we could talk about on an equivalent level of understanding. Even if we could explain the terms to them and they understood them. They could not comprehend how to translate their conception of vision into something we would understand. In my opinion, yes fish can see water, it has reflective properties that would make it visible, even if just through ripples and disturbances. They can also certainly see the things in the water, plant matter and other particles that would make it visible. Fish are never in an environment where they are in pure h2o without disturbances or light so I would say... Yes, fish can see water.

Is water wet? Yeah, water's pretty wet. Just ask a hydrophobic surface if they wanna be friends with MR H.2.o. TBF that would make a great animated movie with Adam Sandler in every role. lol jk... fk Adam Sandler

9 hours ago, Road 2 Swag said:

Have you ever tried anime? If so, did you like it or not?

Yes, I watched Naruto about 7? years ago - did not rate.

I am not a fan of anime but that is just through out and out ignorance. I am always looking for new and different things to watch - so maybe you should private message me your suggestions to make me change my mind ;)

It doesn't really count, but the Anime sequence in Kill Bill is pretty dope! Maybe that's just because I am a huge Tarantino fan.

3 hours ago, Bodhi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

m2tW8Am.jpg 

That I have now a chance to aIMzibm.png

Batman or Superman?

Would you love to take another position for another turn? Instead being donation manager forever and not having some taste of other positions?

Have fun answering :3 

North Korea. Not a joke answer either, I'd really like to see that place. I had thought about visiting about 3 years ago before things got as tense as they are now but pussied out as I didn't want my tourist dollars to fund the regime and also it would be required for me to bow at a statue of Kim Il Sung which I don't personally feel comfortable doing. But yeah, If I can find a way to visit and  feel comfortable doing it... North Korea.

Yes - I have a cat myself. He's a bastard though. Why do I like him? I don't know, I guess I just project human emotions and personify him to a point where it distracts me from my own mortality. Lol jk... he's so fluffy!

Uhm... Bodhi?

Legends are based on truth so imma go with that. I try to be as honest as possible. Unless it hurts other people and then I lie like a mother f%$ker. So no... your ass does not look big in those pants... wait what was the question? Oh yeah, legend or myth? Probably neither. Imma go ahead and say its fairly ego based to call yourself a legend or myth without valid stuff to back it up. I'd say I'm just getting started with what I want to achieve in life/ds/career/finance/goals so imma go ahead and say I'm a novice. But I got my eyes set on becoming a legend at some point.

Batman or Superman?

Batman - see above

Healing ability but I'll die of ageing. Nobody would chose immortality if they really had a chance to think it over. but healing ability? hell yes! because you know what? splinters hurt a lot. That is legitimately the only reason I would get it - removing splinters and minor injuries. 

I love donation manager but I'm all about trying new things so I guess... lets see ;)

3 hours ago, Cooni said:

Interesting thread mate.

What is your favorite item, or gear in Dreamscape?

Thanks dude :D

My favourite item in dreamscape?

As sad as it sounds - the double or nothing box was a real passion project for me. I had that idea 3 months ago and worked really hard to get that concept made and tested. It was a lot of work but I love the box, it changes the way we think about mystery boxes and it's a style of interface led development I'd really like to be expanded to other areas of Dreamscape.

That doesn't really count though hahah So I am going to go ahead and say... Longclaw! I'm a huge nerdy Game of Thrones fan and when I decided to add it, it was really late at night and I just wanted something that people would love. I decided to go ahead and add Longclaw to Dreamscape and make it the best in slot melee weapon, because I knew that even if no one else would like it, at least I could run around yelling 'King of the North' like a nerd. Luckily a lot of people have given really positive feedback on the sword... I mean I still run around like a nerd shouting game of thrones quotes but it could be worse... at least I'm not Theon.

Here's a bit of a unique question.

Do you think Runescape Private Servers should pay a percentage of their earnings to Jagex (runescape developers) considering they are using Jagex's intellectual property to make money?

@DRAX

But basic physics says that water is not wet but is the thing that makes object wet. For example, If you pour water on a piece of paper. The piece of paper is now considered wet. If you pour water into itself or any other liquids. The substance is not considered "wet". Another example of this is that at a normal state a human being is considered "Dry". When that person goes underwater, it does not mean you are "wet" but only considered as underwater. As soon as a part of your body exits and leaves contact of the liquid (in this case water in a swimming pool) then are you considered wet. Wetness can be considered as a state of which a solid touches liquid. Therefore, water is not Wet. Water and any other liquids make things Wet.

What makes you truly happy? Whether it be a life experience or traveling. Would like to know more about you as a person instead of the guy that is a manager :)

P.S

I hope i changed your mind about water being wet!

#WaterIsNotWet

15 hours ago, Brezel said:

Here's a bit of a unique question.

Do you think Runescape Private Servers should pay a percentage of their earnings to Jagex (runescape developers) considering they are using Jagex's intellectual property to make money?

That's a really tricky question and a matter for Jurisprudential debate not a pithy forums post by a nerd. However, I did say ask me anything so heres a couple of penny's of thought. No. The truth of the matter is that Private servers have a unique sum sum which attracts players. Dreamscape is perhaps the best example of that! 95%+ of all content you pay for has nothing to do with Runescape. Paying Jagex a fee for making money on an custom online game that has some similarities of its own is like getting every writer who rights a book to pay the man who invented the printing press a fee. I personally think that Johannes Gutenberg don't need no money! haha I have a feeling that this may derail the thread into a discussion on intellectual property or copyright which would not be ideal as none of us are really qualified enough to give comments. The long and short of my feelings are this. Jagex may have created a way for us to deliver unique custom items and gameplay (that they do not have) to players but the material and products we produce is different enough and separate from their content. I also highly doubt we are stealing much of their business as the people who join our server are looking for something unique and different and something that Jagex cannot currently produce.

7 hours ago, Zodiac said:

@DRAX

But basic physics says that water is not wet but is the thing that makes object wet. For example, If you pour water on a piece of paper. The piece of paper is now considered wet. If you pour water into itself or any other liquids. The substance is not considered "wet". Another example of this is that at a normal state a human being is considered "Dry". When that person goes underwater, it does not mean you are "wet" but only considered as underwater. As soon as a part of your body exits and leaves contact of the liquid (in this case water in a swimming pool) then are you considered wet. Wetness can be considered as a state of which a solid touches liquid. Therefore, water is not Wet. Water and any other liquids make things Wet.

What makes you truly happy? Whether it be a life experience or traveling. Would like to know more about you as a person instead of the guy that is a manager :)

P.S

I hope i changed your mind about water being wet!

#WaterIsNotWet

Okay... I give in! Water is not wet. LMFAO

What makes me happy? I disagree with this 'Hollywood' notion that people achieve a state of happiness or constant enjoyment. I kind of think that happiness is sprinkled through our day to day and the people who are truly happy are the people who notice it the most and have the gratitude to see it for what it is. Happiness is a cup of freshly ground blue mountain coffee, a 5 minute phone call from ma when she doesn't ask you when you're going to settle down but instead tells you how proud she is, Happiness is that 2 minute shower that brings you back to life after a hard night's work, a 15 second stretch, a 30 minute deep tissue massage.

Good question Zodiac!

3 minutes ago, BevilM said:

Did you think of moving to another country? if so why so no why

Oohhh! we commented at the same time!

What a great question!

I've moved a round a lot and have lived in northern England, London, on England's West Coast and Scotland. I've also spent a couple of month's in Thailand working as a freelancer over a long hot and not entirely fulfilling summer. But yes! I love to travel so I don't imagine I will spend my whole life living in England. Give me a couple of years and I'm buying a 1 way ticket to silicon valley to blow my savings trying to get my start up funded before ultimately taking a greyhound out of town and living the rest of my years in a Motel screaming at the neighbours for watching Maury too loudly while I desperately try to fix my male pattern baldness with online tutorials.

I'm Excited man!

9 hours ago, DRAX said:

Oohhh! we commented at the same time!

What a great question!

I've moved a round a lot and have lived in northern England, London, on England's West Coast and Scotland. I've also spent a couple of month's in Thailand working as a freelancer over a long hot and not entirely fulfilling summer. But yes! I love to travel so I don't imagine I will spend my whole life living in England. Give me a couple of years and I'm buying a 1 way ticket to silicon valley to blow my savings trying to get my start up funded before ultimately taking a greyhound out of town and living the rest of my years in a Motel screaming at the neighbours for watching Maury too loudly while I desperately try to fix my male pattern baldness with online tutorials.

I'm Excited man!

love the answer

On 20/03/2018 at 1:22 AM, Bellatrix said:

Put your thinking cap on Draxxy :P  If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would you wish for? 

1. Calorie free Nutella

2. A week long outing to Vegas with Hunter S. Thomson

3. A space hopper that could freeze time and space