Sign in to follow this  
Taven

What to do when you get "error connecting to server (23)"

Error connecting to server (23)

Hello there, members off Dreamscape317. I recently saw alot of threads with the question about what to do when you get this error messege. So, since I got nothing to do I decided to make this thread with information on what you have to do. I spended the full 2 and a half hours on making this, on my mobile phone since I got no laptop, So if you notice anything in the thread that is wrong or so let me know.

If you're reading this thread you most likely have been banned from the server for breaking one or more of the rules.
But this maybe can be solved, we're still humans, everyone makes misstakes and we are prepared to give second chances, so where are you waiting for?

How to appeal?

1) Go to
https://dreamscape317.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/6000074725
You will have to submit a support ticket to appeal your infraction.

2) You'll have to fill in an application format. (I'll explain where to find all those things in the spoiler)

[Spoiler] You got different application formats, you'll have to look at the 6 articles and choose the one that matches with your problem (in our case we want to appeal the ban of our account circled)
picture
[Spoiler]
GKnPFH1.jpg
[/spoiler]
After you checked what application format you have to use you click on the "+" sign
picture
[Spoiler]
OsGH5pa.jpg
[/spoiler]

When you clicked that, you'll be redirected to the following page.
Fill in your email adress, the subject and copy paste the application format in the description
picture
[Spoiler]
tm1eAnr.jpg
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

3) The application format Please note that this application format has te be filled in on the website (link in Step1) so not on here!

Account name: Your Ingame Username

IP Address: Click on the spoiler to see how to find your IP adress.
[spoiler]Go to the following website; http://whatismyipaddress.com
You will be redirected to a page that looks like this one. [spoiler] VhLJAX5.jpg [/spoiler]
Where my red marker is there will your IP be. [/spoiler]

MAC Address: Click on the spoiler to see how to find your MAC adress
[Spoiler]

Windows XP
[Spoiler]
1) Click the Run button in the Windows Start Menu
bvilU84.jpg
2) Type cmd in the Open prompt of the Run menu and click OKto launch a command prompt window.
DUGzZ6K.jpg
3) Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt to check the network card settings.
k7k5mn2.jpg
4) The IP number and MAC address are listed by ipconfig under IP Address and Physical Address.
O4Q9PzC.jpg
[/spoiler]

Windows 7 / windows vista
[Spoiler]
Go to the Windows search bar and type “cmd”
q5TXPcK.jpg

Type the command “ipconfig/all” and press enter, then MAC-address of all Wireless Adapter, Ethernet Adapters and Tunnel Adapters will appear.
6q9zjqs.jpg
[/spoiler]

Windows 10
[Spoiler]
Step 1: Go to the Windows search bar and type “cmd”, then you’ll see a“Command Prompt “ program, Just right-click on it and choose “Run as Administrator” option as shown in the image below.
picture
[Spoiler]
NAF6pZC.jpg
[/spoiler]
Step2: Type the command “ipconfig/all” and press enter, then MAC-address of all Wireless Adapter, Ethernet Adapters and Tunnel Adapters will appear.
picture
[Spoiler]
kMq3yab.jpg[/IMG]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Type of infraction? Fill in: ban/ukban/ipmute/...

Why were you infracted? Explain from your point of view why you were infracted, unless you didn't get an explanation.

Why do you think the infraction should be lifted?
Tell us why you think you deserve a second chance.

Please keep in mind the ticket may take up 72 hours to be processed.

You should not discuss your ticket or infraction anywhere besides contacting a staff member privately.

Not a bad guide, but it's a bit confusing with all the spoiler tags.

Also I don't think how to fill it out is necessary which is the confusing part of guide.

Nice job though and hope people find this helpful.