Sign in to follow this  
Boolean

Cursor Changing!

Hello Dreamers!

I've already done this a while back, but I thought I would share this with the community.

Well for one, I didn't like the default game cursor that much and since there are no options to change it in-game, I discovered a way myself.

Now you will want to locate where the game cursors are stored:

1.Locate the .ds_cache folder. (Easiest way: Login in-game, right click the red button "Screenshot" and click view screenshots then you will find .ds_cache, then proceed to Sprites -> Random -> Cursors).

dacd7c99fdbe47ee8659250af70dee1a.png

2. Once you have found the Cursors folder, you may change any cursor to your own preference.

Note: The default game cursor is "Cursor 0" which must be in the .png state.

Now comes an "optional" change: (OPTIONAL):

If you are someone like me that likes the Windows cursor (Such as the black windows cursor):

1. Locate your hard-drive (C: for example), then click on Windows (If the operating system is windows obviously), proceed to "Cursors", then just locate the one you like the most.

After finding the cursor you like, you will want to visit this website to convert the cursor from it's .cur state to .png state:

http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-png

Basically, either drag the .cur file or click Browse (Either way it is the same).

2. Once the file is converted, you will receive a ".zip" file, extract it with WinRAR, WinZIP or any other program, then you will have 4 .png files, open all of them and choose the one that fits the dimensions you would want.

3. Now you can simply just rename the png file to "Cursor 0" and replace it. (In the .ds_cache -> Sprites -> Random -> Cursors)

Personal preference (The one I currently use which I converted):

9CxLff4.png

Thank you for reading and I hope this guide was somewhat helpful!

Expect to see more guides later on :).

[member='Boolean']

Thanks for making this handy guide [member=boolean] ! I will try this method when im home! This is nicely filled guide too, hope to see more incoming from you!
I respect your effort in time what you did put in this guide! And indeed it was helpful because i had no idea we can change cursors in that way in Dreamscape :D

This is a great guide, I for one would like to try out some different cursors on Dreamscape. Thank you very much for making this, it's well laid out and very professional. Well done.

Thanks for making this awesome guide! This will surely help people who want to change their cursors.

P.S. I was thinking about making sort of the same guide but on cursors not gonna say what it is since i'm not sure if it's even alowed

I've been playing DS for a while now.. never realized that screen shot button!

LMAO! Feeling Dumb!

Thanks for the guide ;D