Sign in to follow this  
RaigoVI

What 500 kills of Torqaut looks like.

Introduction:

Hey guys, so recently there has been an influx of new players which has made me think to start a series where i kill 500 of the lower level bosses to show the new players what to expect. To start off, i wanted to do Torquat which is a very simple simple boss. 1820 HP and uses melee based attacks. You just have to do ::starterboss to get to them.

Possible Loot:

2gy7u3q.jpg

Along with these loots they drop Torquat Souls too which can be turned into keys to be used at ::soulroom for the potential of getting something out of this loot table.

Actual Loot I got in 500 Kills:

Disclaimer: I had an extra drop-rate of 15% because i play on a hardcore account, i refrained from using any other bonuses as most players doing this boss won't have those certain items at that point. I also do think that 500 kills is a relatively small sample size and that one day ill increase this to around 2000 since it really doesn't take that much time.

2nkkhgx.png

More to come and hope new player's find this some what useful :) 

I think this guide needs some depth. If I were a new player this would only help me see that this boss doesn't drop a lot of loot from 500 kills and I need to grind. It would also give me the knowledge of what the boss drops and how to get there. 
What I would suggest you doing:
-Add a section where you explain what armor/weapon/jewelry would be best against these monsters 
-Give credit where credit is due. That looks like the drop table
from

::wiki, instead of just putting the table here add "Go to ::wiki Torquat".

If not credit, then at least lead them to the drop table so they can explore the ::wiki. This will advance their knowledge of the boss too, cause on the wiki it already has a mini guide. 

-Show people or at least tell them how to use the keys 

53 minutes ago, RaigoVI said:

Along with these loots they drop Torquat Souls too which can be turned into keys to be used at ::soulroom for the potential of getting something out of this loot table.

This is a nice explanation, but you could have clicked on one of the souls made it into a key and showed a picture of that as well. You could also have shown the ::soulroom place and the chest that you need to click to use the key. Also you could have said that it takes 200 souls to get 1 key.

-Say that the key fragments can also be turned into a key and be used on the treasure. It's not necessary, but it's a nice little extra thing to do. 

What I like:

-You went out of your way and didn't use extra drop rate items such as Row(i), Row, Pets etc...

-Intro and Ending are also good.

I know this is a guide on "how 500 kills Torquat looks like", but why add the extra stuff if you're not going in depth? This could have been so much more. It could have been a Torquat Guide even. 

It's a fine guide it just needs fine tuning. 
Now that's said I look forward to your next guide and how you improve. 

Thanks for that, honestly as disappointed as it may sound, i probably won't be going in that deep unless i change my mind later. But excellent feedback and ill try to incorporate some of the things you have said.

Although i don't want this to be a guide, so there are certain things i just won't include, its not meant to be one. I did want this to be a rough estimate of drops but i respect what you have said and will try to incorporate it.