Versatile

Couldn't Pick up my pet :c /help\

Real Quick, am I posting in the wrong section? Could a mod move it to the correct location please? It's been a while since I've played and I'm just trying to get the hang of things again.

Hello Dreamscapers,

It's been 17 months since I last played and I've just returned today. I went to check out the bosses and where they are located to refresh my memories. I came up to venenatis and died like the noob I am. I noticed my little corporeal pet wasn't following me anymore so i headed back and this is the results.

wtf.PNG.e620fd0566599dd00ca20282e69ae9c7.PNG

I couldn't pick up my little guy and now he is gone. My bones are there too. 

I was wondering if any of the admins could spawn another little guy in my inventory for me because of this incident.

I worked really hard to get that smexy beast and didn't know I'd lose him. I don't even remember losing a pet when you die while it follows you.

Well, learned my lesson I guess. But, it kind of sucks that I had to learn it that way after not playing for 17 months. Do you think I could possibly get him back?

Especially it says "you can't do that now." so I'm guessing i could have picked it up, but it wouldn't let me. Same thing for my bones. I couldn't pick those up too.

- Love from a worried friend, Versatile

EDIT: So I just tested out with a pikachu following me and i was able to keep him to follow me even when i died. I had no items with me just like with my corporeal beast. I died same way by venenatis.

How was it that corporeal beast dropped, but not pikachu? What's going on?

EDIT 2: Just tested with keeping pikachu in my invetory dying to venenatis. Ok, so i don't understand. Corporeal beast and pikachu were my only 1 item when dying to venenatis and had no skull. I kept pikachu, but not corporeal beast. Is he somewhat auto-lose? If so, why wasn't this not mentioned? It showed in the death option that corporeal beast is kept when i die. same goes for pikachu, but i lose corp and kept pikachu.

Bug??

It's not a bug, when dying in the wilderness you lose ALL your items in your inventory, however this means that obviously you didn't have the corp pet in your inventory when you died otherwise it would have disappeared, so the fact that you lost the corp pet while it was out is a bug, but the Pikachu pet isn't relevant.

19 hours ago, Licky said:

It's not a bug, when dying in the wilderness you lose ALL your items in your inventory, however this means that obviously you didn't have the corp pet in your inventory when you died otherwise it would have disappeared, so the fact that you lost the corp pet while it was out is a bug, but the Pikachu pet isn't relevant.

Yea, I really hope I could get the little guy back because i wasn't skulled, nor did i have any items on me besides my little guy following me. that "you can't do that now." bug needs to get fixed. couldn't pick him up nor my bones. i was going to record but didnt have time to download hypercam and so i got this as my only proof for the bug. Hope it's enough to get him back. 100k loyalty points doesn't come cheap. Almost hitting that 50 days online count.

3 hours ago, Versatile said:

Yea, I really hope I could get the little guy back because i wasn't skulled, nor did i have any items on me besides my little guy following me. that "you can't do that now." bug needs to get fixed. couldn't pick him up nor my bones. i was going to record but didnt have time to download hypercam and so i got this as my only proof for the bug. Hope it's enough to get him back. 100k loyalty points doesn't come cheap. Almost hitting that 50 days online count.

Didn't see the "you can't do that now" if you would have relogged you could have picked your pet up, honestly seeing you on this server so long I would have thought you knew how to fix such a simple bug

11 hours ago, Licky said:

Didn't see the "you can't do that now" if you would have relogged you could have picked your pet up, honestly seeing you on this server so long I would have thought you knew how to fix such a simple bug

I didn't even know you can do that, and if i did, i must have forgotten because then of course i would have done it instead of trying to download hypercam to prove what happened.

it was my first day back after 17 months. I was walking around with nothing, but my pet to see what's new. and then this happens. In my mind, i knew i wouldn't have lost my corp following me when i die because i don't remember that ever happening, but somehow, it happened.