Bauer Vapor

How to improve game performance for low spec PC (EDIT 20/3/2017 with FAQ)

Download and try the new launcher from the Play Now button called "DSLauncherV1.0" before trying this method.

Hey everyone, some of you guys may encounter these problems ingame due to a low spec PC.

I myself am running the game on a 3 GB RAM, 32 bit, Windows Vista laptop. (Don't ask me why I do)

-Extreme fps lagg when in crowded areas

-Screen freeze requiring you to teleport to ::mb for your screen to load

-Lagg or fps lagg in general

-Any other type of performance issue

The Stuart Fix(Easy to follow)

Changing your computer settings and programs

UNINSTALL JAVA IN CONTROL PANEL 

Firstly please make sure your using x64(Make sure to uninstall 32BIT Java to in control panel) to allow maximum performance on your client to do so download the x64 from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html.

(DOWNLOAD  Java SE Development Kit 8u112 > Windows x64 195.13 MB   jdk-8u112-windows-x64.exe)

IF THIS DOESN'T WORK FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW!

This mini-fix will improve your game client significantly.

I've got a vouch from Mboxspeical that after using this it has improved his game.

1. Create a batch file in the same folder location as your game client. The default name of the client should be 'DreamClient.jar' (See Picture below)

2. Use the following code in the batch file java -jar  -Xmx1024m DreamClient.jar

What this does it, it makes your game run with a set amount of memory being used of 1,024MB.

How to create a batch file

1. Right click the folder location of your game --> New --> Text Document

2. Copy and paste the code in red above.

3. File --> Save As

4. Save as type --> All Files

5. File name can be anything but it must end with .bat

Example of file name could be "Dream.bat"

If this has helped you please post some replies on what improved.

Untitled.png

FAQ

• It just opens and closes :\
  • Reason: You've got the file name incorrectly. 
  • Solution: Right click the .jar file ---> Properties ---> Identify what the name of the .jar file is and edit the .bat file accordingly to match it EXACTLY (spaces and caps included)

• I got a Mac and this doesn't work.
  • Reason: Sorry, but this only for PC.
  • Solution: Use a program that allows your to run Windows on a Mac, similar to a virtual machine.

Great method

I'm sure this will help more people in the future who are experiencing lag.

This is a great way to fix some performance issues!

Thanks @Ba Zer Ka , I might just use this idea and see if it improves my gameplay on DS. Thank you for the guide (: .

If you do decide to use it, could you post some feedback on what improved so that I can add to the main post what types of perfomance issues this can solve.

Thanks ^.^

Of course, I'll either reply here or pm you in game. Is your name the same as on forums?

No my ingame name is not the same as forums. It'll be easier to either post a reply or send me a private message on the forums.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:41 AM, Ba Zer Ka said:

If you do decide to use it, could you post some feedback on what improved so that I can add to the main post what types of perfomance issues this can solve.

Thanks ^.^

This helped me because within 5 minutes the game would be so laggy i couldnt move i can now go home without major lag issues

it works amazing maybe add some photos and also add it where they know it is best to use the jar instead of downloading the client downloading the jar for ones that don't know i use to be mboxspeical now i am mboxie The Photos should show what inside the text document u make on ur desktop or where ever u have ur Dreamscape Client at on your computer and 2nd photo is to show u an example what to save it as but has to have .bat in it

what the text document should say inside.png

what u save client as.png

I feel like this might have helped me, I changed mine to 3gb instead of 1gb. I have 32gb RAM in my PC, as well as 3.0ghz 8 core processor. I should really be having no issues running this, but I still seem to get some lag for some reason.... I have tried to explain that my PC is not the issue, but something in the Java client on my end probably.

Edit: I also have a 2gb graphics card with 640 cuda cores.

Worked very well for me, went from not being able to get past the 'Accept Dice Rules' screen to smooth movement of the game.

Special thanks to Bodhi for guiding me through the steps aswell.

23 hours ago, Gainz said:

Worked very well for me, went from not being able to get past the 'Accept Dice Rules' screen to smooth movement of the game.

Special thanks to Bodhi for guiding me through the steps aswell.

Awesome to here that it got your game running better :D

Was there anything that was hard to follow? 

If there was, or a step that requires more detail I will edit the original post and clarify.

This has helped alot absolutely but being new to this i had trouble understanding which to download the direct client or the launcher, and it's the "Direct Client" not the launcher.

Anyway, Thank you for this!

9 hours ago, Im Iron Family said:

This has helped alot absolutely but being new to this i had trouble understanding which to download the direct client or the launcher, and it's the "Direct Client" not the launcher.

Anyway, Thank you for this!

I had a quick look at the Play Now download page. It appears as both Direct Client and Launcher takes you to the same download link. Both files are the exact same so it shouldn't matter which one you use.